FAQ: RV Insurance Edition

FAQ: RV Insurance EditionFAQ: RV Insurance EditionOwning an RV comes with its own set of risks that could cost you dearly if you don’t have the proper insurance to go along with it.

Recreational vehicles, or RVs, include a wide range of motorhomes. All RVs can be categorized into 3 classes: A, B, and C. The type of insurance policy you get will depend on into which your RV falls, but regardless of type you still need to purchase a policy. You’ll want that coverage to protect your RV should any damage come to it! If this is your first rodeo with an RV and you have questions regarding RV insurance, we have the answers to the most common questions below!

What are the requirements for each RV class?

Class A: This class includes models such as the luxury coach, converted bus, and motor coach. The size of these vehicles can be up to 75 feet long.

Class B: This RV is the smallest kind of recreational vehicle. They typically don’t have a cab-over, and can also include cargo van-type designs, travel trailers, and camper vans.

Class C: This group includes vehicles that use a cargo van as the driving portion of the RV, and the camper portion extends over the cab area.

What does RV insurance cover?

RV insurance covers risks similar to those that your auto insurance policy covers, e.g. collision, comprehensive, liability, uninsured and underinsured motorists coverage. You also have the option of additional coverage specifically for RVs like:

  • Campsite and vacation coverage
  • Towing and roadside coverage
  • Full-timer coverage if your RV is your full-time residence
  • Emergency expenses
  • Total loss replacement coverage

RV road and camping trips are fun and with the proper RV insurance, you can focus your attention on having a good time, not on the worry of breaking down. Contact the independent Austin insurance professionals at VGW Walker Insurance for all of your Texas RV insurance needs.